ELECTROLUX GROUP DESIGN, CHARLOTTE NC
User Experience Design Intern, Major Appliances North America
Work with multiple teams to translate Marketing objectives into innovative solutions.
Create clear and directive wire-frames and visual design compositions for major appliances.
Analyze the data and Implement them into final solution and solve complex problems.
Closely work with the Engineering and Usability Services teams as well as within the user experience and technical community.
Here a summery of some of the projects I was involved in:
- Test and analyze the ‘AROW’ app by ‘GE’ and write a analytic report about negative and positive points.
- Test ELUX app (the mock up app Created by IBM) and study the problems and propose solutions.
- Study users behaviors and create storyboard based on user experience.
- Rethinking about wire frame, logic and flow of the tasks and information and improve the experience.
- Propose and study possible solutions to simplify the provisioning process for the user
- Create real-time videos about provisioning process for Air-conditioner, Refrigerator and Freezer.
- Create various graphic themes for the app for improving the functionality.
- Create a series of animations for illustrating the provisioning part with a simple language to create a better understanding about the technical process for the user.
- Create feature specification.
- Identifying the problems and difficulties that user might be face in possible scenarios.
- Work on the flow and logic of the UI to improve the experience.
- Propose and study 5 different concepts for UI and illustrate them.
- Create 3 different use cases for some of the concepts.
- Create the flow, concept overview and presentation to illustrate the possible directions.
There was a workshop about how the dishwashers will change and improve based on user experience in near future. It was between Stockholm design studio and UX/UI design teams in North America headquarter.
- Discuss about consumer research, Urban Compact living project, EMEA dish flows and trends.
- Brainstorming on areas of interest: using the experience flow chart to map emotions, pain points and goals related to the dish washing + clustering them.
- Concept creation. Walk through of ideas to the group. Start working out concept ideas and agree on goal.
- Create scenarios for each concept and how to demo the experience.
- Present the final concepts.
- Incorporate critique from the stakeholders from the presentation.
- Create light illumination for Electrolux wave touch refrigerator.
- Propose different solution for differentiating the illuminations on the product for different situations.
- Create videos for illustrating the ideas.
- Create feature specification for Phoenix washer.
- Identify the problems that user might be face in possible scenarios.
- Propose varies direction to improve the experience, logic and design.
- Propose different graphic styles.
- Create digital fonts for UI.
- Find a solution for fast wash cycle and illustrate two use-cases (Add steam and Extra light) for it.
- Help to create Product specification by creating support files in the Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Find a visual solution for ‘stain treat’ in the UI of the product and create several Graphic solutions.
- To search about Electrolux competitors, their products, features and uniqueness.
- Create a comprehensive presentation about competitors, introducing them one by one and illustrating their product features, their weaknesses and their values.
- Create a comparison tables for each product line and compare the features to each other.
Market and Trends Research
- Market and Trends Research
- Search about new and remarkable applications, software, products or even interactive arts. Reviewing the news, collecting and gathering the data and analyze the market trends.
This project was about connecting the home appliances to the smartphone and managing them remotely. Besides making wireframes, flowcharts and logic steps, one of the most challenging parts was about translating complicated and technical information to a very simple animation for the end users. we start the project with understanding the technical process and then visualize it to the simple icons and data. Here you can watch one of the videos.
First version of provisioning process for AC - The first version of provisioning video was a fast made one to make sure if it conveys the message properly to the user or not.
Second version of provisioning process for AC & Refrigerator - Second version of provisioning video was made for beta version and we lunched it and test it with almost 100 users.
Kenmore is one of the brands which works closely with Electrolux and most of the designs are usually done by Electrolux design group in charlotte North Carolina.
This project was about redesigning the Kenmore Elite oven. The client decided to upgrade the oven and also interface technology and our responsibility was to design the new interface with new features and also to keep the old ones.
We create feature specification, Identifying the problems and difficulties that user might be face in possible scenarios. We worked on the flow and logic of the UI to improve the experience, Proposed and studied 5 different concepts for UI and illustrate them and then create 3 different use cases for some of the concepts and create the flow, concept overview and presentation to illustrate the possible directions.
There was a one week workshop between the UX team in Charlotte (North America) office and Stockholm UX team. A team of 4 which were working on the future of dishwasher.
This workshop was about exploring the new user experiences according to dishwasher by involenving the latest technologies such as gesture control interactions and innovative sensors.
Research, Brainstorming, ideation and presentation...